Marking period begins november 12
What are we up to in social studies?
Investigating the Past
Essential Questions: What is history and how is it studied?
As we begin a new marking period, we travel many years back in prehistory to look at cave paintings and artifacts. Students will assume the role of an archaeologist and crawl into our class "cave"! There, they will retrieve artifacts (cave tools, carvings, etc.) and examples of cave paintings. While students use critical thinking skills to form hypotheses about the meaning/use of these cave artifacts, they will understand just how difficult it is for historians to study prehistory, the time before writing.
- Finish coloring World Map
- Postcard from King Tut's tomb due Friday November 21
- Hunt the Ancestor
- Cave Paintings found at Lascaux, France
- Meet Ardi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5c5syi0124
- Interactive sites and tools at Usborne Quicklinks
- BBC History for Kids http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/forkids/
- BrainPop http://www.brainpop.com/
- CNN Student News http://www.cnn.com/studentnews/