What are we up to in social studies?
Unit Essential Question: How did ancient Greek civilization develop and what were its lasting contributions to later civilizations?
- Golden Age of Athens argument due Friday March 20
- Ancient Greece Test Friday March 27
- Study Guide attached below
Students have been highly engaged in a variety of activities based on Ancient Greece! This week we have:
- Compared and contrasted the city-states of Athens and Sparta
- Designed visuals on the daily life of a citizen in either Athens or Sparta
- Analyzed the battles of The Persian Wars
- Explored various aspects of the Golden Age of Athens including sculpture, religion, architecture, sports, philosophy, and drama.
Students will continue to generate much discussion in class and engage in meaningful learning as we focus on:
- the Peloponnesian War
- Alexander the Great and Phillip II