MESOPOTAMIA: THE FERTILE CRESCENT
- How did the geography of the Fertile Crescent affect civilization in Southwest Asia?
- How did new farming techniques lead to the growth of cities?
- What makes a group of people a "civilization"? (G.R.A.P.E.S.)
- What are some of the lasting achievements of Mesopotamian empires?
In this unit we will...
- Explain the impact of geography on Mesopotamia (the Fertile Crescent)
- Collaborate in groups to design solutions to the problems of the Mesopotamians
- Identify what makes a group of people a "civilization" using the acronym G.R.A.P.E.S. (geography, religion, achievements, politics, economics, social structure)
- Apply the acronym GRAPES to Sumerian artifacts in order to answer the question, "Was Sumer a civilization?"
- Analyze the Epic of Gilgamesh