- How did geography affect the development of Greek city-states?
- How did democracy develop in Athens?
- What were the major differences between the city-states of Athens and Sparta?
- What impact did the Persian Wars have on Greece and the rest of the world?
- What are the lasting contributions of Ancient Greece?
In this unit we will...
- Write postcards home from Ancient Greece about the landscape and impact of Greece's geography on early settlement
- Analyze the myth of "Theseus and the Minotaur" and "The Legend of the Trojan Horse"
- Create Facebook pages on Greek gods and goddesses
- Create ToonDoos on the rise of democracy in Ancient Greece
- Identify and analyze the different values of the city-states of Athens and Sparta
- Trace the events of the Persian War and its impact on Europe and Asia
- Explain what made the Golden Age of Athens "golden"
- Evaluate the rule of Alexander the Great and how he has been portrayed in history: Was he a "hero" or a "villain"?
- Identify the legacy of Ancient Greece: How has Ancient Greece impacted modern civilization?