- How did Rome become a republic?
- How did Rome transition from a republic to an empire?
- How did Rome become the dominant power in the Mediterranean region?
- Why did the Roman empire fall, and what is its legacy?
In this unit we will...
- Identify Etruscan and Greek influence on the early development of Rome
- Trace the development of Rome into a republic
- Synthesize the struggle between pats and plebs in Roman society and analyze how it led to the creation of a republic.
- Make connections between the Roman Republic the United States government
- Explore the later period of the Roman Republic, which was characterized by wars of expansion and political crises
- Map out Roman expansion and focus on the Punic Wars, Hannibal Barca, Julius Caesar, and Augustus, the first emperor of Rome!
- Analyze the daily life of a citizen in Ancient Rome
- Discuss the achievements of Ancient Rome: How do they still impact us today?